Thread: What is this
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Jeffkop (Jeff)
Star-Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki View Post
Jeff if you are using maxim it is simple to check the dither box and it will do it automatically, not sure about other programs. How are you calibrating? Sometimes if you get the camera real cold it can lessen the effect you see some what but it still should come out with good calibration frames and a bit of careful processing.

Mark
I use ccdsoft Mark ... Have dloaded a 3rd party autodither but it doesnt work. Thanx anyway ... Will try maxim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
Its a hot pixel giving a line as the CCD is read out. It isn't a colomn defect as that is an entire column. You need to use a defect map as well as dark frames etc as when some pixels are defective they will produce variable levels with each exposure so this won't dark frame out fully.
Thx Terry .. Tried to use the defectmap in pixinsight ... Which ever image i try to usein that process I keep getting a "locked error"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
I've got one in my camera.

Maxim's Remove Bad Pixels thing works a treat. I run it as a batch process before doing calibrations. Mine doesn't reliably disappear with dark frames, so I guess it might be something along the lines of what Terry says - thanks for educating me on that one too Terry!

DT
May well swap to maxim Dave ... I think i have actually been succesful ingetting rid of the problem tho ... Thanx