View Single Post
Old 13-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Gama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstockman View Post
It works but in IE only. The extention Theo used for the document isn't supported in Firefox.

OOPS, sory guys, i didnt know it wasnt supported by firefox.

Just a further mention.

I did some digging around, and the manual for the SXV-M25C did in fact have the 413 as the sensor. This may have been an error in the printing, or the first models did have the 413 sensor.

For those not techo geeko, the 413 uses an interlace method to read the data from the sensor.
It does this by reading all the odd colums first and sending off the data to get processed. BUT while it is reading from the sensor and sending off the data, the EVEN field is still being exposed to light, so you have an uneven exposure between the odd and even fields of the sensor. This is OK if you have large exposure times, but is bad if your exposures are short, as it changes your darks and also causes uneveness (Banding exposure) in the image as one the odd field has a longer exposure. Plus its imposible to do very short exposures, as if you tried to do a 3 second exposure, and it takes 10 seconds to download the data, then the odd field is exposued for 3 seconds, but the even field is exposed for 13 seconds. Of course theres a few more little oddities as well like noise generated while downloading and thus the even side is prone to more noise during the download cycle, which i assume, is why the 453 is used today by Starlight and QHY. Price may also be why the 413 is used on some other manufacturers.

Progressive, stops exposures all together, and reads the data one colum at a time.

Theo