View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
ZWO have acknowledged the problem and say that it's easily cleaned off the sensor etc by following their cleaning instructions on the website, it's a long time to wait for a warranty return when the problem can be fixed yourself, all they will do is clean the sensor like you can do yourself, unless you are a ham fisted chimpanzee which I doubt.
The ZWO sensor cleaning procedure on their website is not what they sent me to rectify the leaking grease problem under the thermal pad
I’ll attach part 1 which refers to above
Part 2 was the sensor cleaning PDF on their website
Also part 1 was sent as a “rar” file so had to be opened and unzipped with 2 different apps ( I think they don’t want to make it too public about the issue with this camera
I don’t mind a few weeks without the camera , it’s under warranty and the responsibility lies with ZWO , they can fix once and for all
On the Cloudy Nights forum , folk have opted to do it themselves to clean the thermal pad then clean the sensor and within weeks the grease has come back on the sensor again but not as severe

Cheers
Martin
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZWO How To Clean the excess grease on the thermal pad.pdf (286.6 KB, 51 views)