View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 07:51 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

I have provided a further update on the qldastrofest site. I need to confirm when online sales finish, but you can appreciate that once the committee are at Duckadang accessing the internet and the bank account is intermittent to non-existent. If you are planning to book anything online therefore you would be well advised to do so earlier rather than later.

The main point of the update though was to remind you all that anyone over 30 can now have their Second Covid booster and it would be prudent to do so prior to Astrofest starting - preferably this week - mine is tomorrow.

You could also consider bringing RAT tests with you just in case they are needed.

It is way too early to know what the weather will be like but I have never known an event with no clear skies at all. In fact the very first one I ever attended was 2010 and that year we had several days of torrential downpour, but still enough clear skies to go away very happy.

The number of bookings is healthy, but below previous years I believe. No doubt conerns over Covid and also the cost have impacted decisions. I'm sure a few of you are just waiting until the last minute to book and we may see a flurry of activity in the next week.

There are around 500 raffle tickets sold so far, which is certainly far short on previous years, BUT I don't really think more than a handful have ever sold prior to the event. Online purchases have made that possible this year. The revenue from those tickets though remains far below the value of the prizes so please buy more at the event and you might be very happy you did.

Last week UNIFY purchased their prizes worth $1500 and details are on the qldastrofest website.

It will, I'm sure be a wonderful event. I will be posting details imminently about the main speaker.