View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

Good to hear from you Iceman....its been awhile.....your comment could not be any truer........my 8"dob is great...the only thing I dont like about the dob is the comfort level....I dont have the best of a back, so I decided to put the dob 8 on a EQ, so I originaly started looking at HEQ5 or EQ6 mounts.....the cost of these mounts then pushed me onto a complete package with 10" reflector not costing that much more then buying the mount on its own.......then with this cost the LX90 come into view price wize....I may still get the LX90 but I would love to get into some Photograghy.....I am a pro when it comes to computer's I have built my last 3 computers on my own.......I can just honestly see my self scanning the skies through my computer taking photo's more so then using the dob 8. I understand completely that pictures are very difficult to take and dont turn out anywhere near the real view you get in you FOV but thats what attracts me to this sport more then anything.....I have plenty of time on my hands....I am married...I have no Kids...and I want a long term sport such as this to keep me busy......for the last 5 years of my life I have be playing competative online gaming such as Day of Defeat, Counter Strike and many more games..I am sick of that scene and at 35 years old (man thats old), so combining my computer skills with a sport such as astronomy looks the best option for me.

I understand your concern Iceman and appreciate your comment.......if I didn't decide to get into astrophotography I would have just put my dob on the EQ or even a homemade stand I have seen on these forums.

Going back to a good scope is one you use, well thats how I feal about the dob...dont get me wrong..the Dob 8 is great but not for my back and from what I understand not for photograhy aswell......

Anyone out their with a Dob...please dont get put of by my comments I am only a noob with stuff all experience who has to much time to himself who loves to buy expensive items.