View Single Post
Old 14-08-2021, 09:44 AM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
And then fails to deliver on features as Peter pointed out. What gives?
The pointing model functionality has been added in a recent release so at this stage GSS has similar features to EQMOD. Many people these days are using plate solving to center objects and the pointing model becomes irrelevant in that case.

If your mount has PPEC capability the GSS has better functionality to train and enable this feature in my experience.

Quote:
Maybe I’ve got my priorities all wrong, but I want my mount interface to use as little screen real estate as possible and do its job properly.
You can minimise the app so it doesn't take up any screen real estate if screen real estate is a concern.

Quote:
Pretty pictures showing me where my scope is pointing when is not helping the former and does zilch for the latter.
Depends on your use-case. If you are operating the mount remotely then it is actually convenient to be able to visualise where it is pointing. If you are sitting outside next to the mount then you don't need it. You can always minimise the app if it bothers you.

The other consideration is whether the software is being actively developed and how easy it is to get new features added. Has EQMOD source code been made available to the community now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Capture.JPG)
94.5 KB128 views
Click for full-size image (Capture1.JPG)
154.0 KB91 views