Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	283233

It's a whopper of a mount...

Click image for larger version

Name:	finis8.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	283234

The cinder-block on the wee porch is for scale.

By the by, I now have a wonderful solution for attaching the plastic covers, besides glue, onto the latitude-axis. My smaller diameter, thinner neodymium-magnets...

Name:	latitude-axis covers - magnets2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	283235

Within the preceding images, the plastic covers for the latitude-axis are being held by the magnets, but it's only double-sided tape holding the magnets onto the covers' inner sides. The magnets are not touching the bolt, and will not need to in future. I will be attaching the magnets with other than tape, J-B Weld epoxy most likely, and spaced to where they will almost touch the head and tip of the bolt, but not quite.

The solution for the plastic covers pertains only to myself, as there is no real need to remove them in the first place. But I will tell you this: I noticed that the RA-axis was not quite set to my latitude, so I adjusted it, and O how smoothly it motioned; luxurious; again, like the thick door of bank-vault whilst closing.

Incidentally, when I had cut down and painted the pier-extension, several years ago, and painted it "safety blue", little did I know just how prophetic that choice of colour would be...

Name:	prophetic.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	283236