View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Cimitar (Evan)
Evan Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconesbie View Post
I am still learning how to take star photos but I quite like these ones. Any assistance in how I can make them better is appreciated. Please use English terms only!!
Hi Scott, congrats on your first batch of images! You've got some great hidden detail in your images and with some extra processing it really begins to show. Hope you don't mind, I had a play with one of your images (#4) in an effort to draw out the detail via extra processing and see if there was a difference to the final result. The noise is beginning to show with the extra enhancements, but it just depends on how far you push the image. Generally speaking I used a combination of curves, layers and masks in photoshop, some automated astronomy enhancement plugins, enhanced the colour using LAB and soft light, and finally rotated your image to frame it with a different perspective (now peering into the core) and added a star spike. Included below is a rotated version of your image + the one I edited. Happy to explain further details if you have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing your next round of pics

Cheers, Evan
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_7853_rotated.jpg)
175.0 KB38 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7853_New_016.jpg)
173.3 KB44 views