Thread: New toys
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2021, 05:51 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

New toys

Well I am here to blow my trumpet and announce that both the new ZWO ASI 2600 mono and the Celestron RASA 11 inch astrograph have arrived.

John from Bintel said at the start he would get them to me at the end of June and he did in fact get them here a little earlier..my "carer" picked up the camera on Monday from the post office and today I over came my fear of passing out at the wheel and drove in to pick up the RASA which was delivered to the Rural Agents also probably on Monday...

The RASA is still in the car and it will be fun getting it out as I plan to do it all by myself but I will leave it there until the girls go out so they dont scold me for lifting stuff...but I will use a ramp and a wheel barrow ..I have to really.

I ordered a new lap top with three usb A ports as I seem to recall a need to avoid a usb hub and it may be available tomorrow.

What I dont have is the filters as they are on their way I think...

I have the filter draws ( got sent three I think by mistake ) so hopefully can have a go of putting things together...and I have no idea without looking at the scope and what came with the camera and the filter draw if I need more stuff or not....

I must say it is hard just having it in the car and not able to bring it inside and look at it...I need to bring it in tomorrow to look at , see if everything will go together then get it back in the car before they get home and not overdo things...then go into town and get the lap top and get back before they get home cause they wont let me drive into town I expect...and I dont want to worry them.

Again a very very big thank you to John at Bintel he is just wonderful to deal with..always there to take a call and endures my endless chatting, a pleasure to deal with.

Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 30-06-2021 at 06:16 PM.