View Single Post
Old 20-07-2012, 03:46 AM
dp297 (Dimitris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
I am not quite sure what your issue is - can you achieve focus with the FR in the imaging train? If yes then what is the issue? In my case (RC10 Sbig ST2000xm) with the Moonlite focuser directly on the OTA I can move the FR in/out a little and still get focus (this gives slightly greater or lesser reduction than the optimal spacing) but the ideal is to use the FR at it's designed spacing.

Do you mean you cannot get focus when you remove the FR? This is the case with my setup also as this model focuser has a short draw tube - if I want to run the scope native I have to use one of the supplied extensions. To my way of thinking this is better than very long draw tubes which could sag/flex, or you could get the longer draw tube and fit it if you want (of course you cannot mount the FR in that).

Hope that helps!

John

Thanks for the reply..

I mean I cant get focus when the FR is in the slot inside the Moonlite focuser.
I screw the FR inside the drawtube in the Moonlite focuser and then add my DSLR (with T2 adapter). Calculating the distance its about 110-125mm (FR to sensor). Slightly longer that optimal due to DSLR sensor being buried deep inside. I just cant get focus. By removing the t2 adapter and playing with distances manually I can get focus...but...thats not how its supposed to work.

Would you mind describing your setup (adapters, distances etc)??