View Single Post
Old 20-03-2013, 07:42 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Do not touch frames, or delete anything.
I had a similar problem in the past - and the solution was reading from another computer, running Linux.
Yes,will be doing that,and looking at @Regulus's suggestion.(thanks for that

I cannot put the card in camera,and delete a few frames,as the camera has no play back-its a 'Trail Camera',not a regular point and shoot or DSLR.Some models do have play back,and some do not.

The card appeared to have no data on it,when I checked to see how much space on it whenI left it in the camera and turned it on and walked away,I'll check the reading when I pop the card back into that particular camera.I have noticed that some of these T/C's
are very fussy about having cards formatted,and I never swap and use different cards in different cameras. Some makes of T/C's are much 'easier' to get along with,although the trade off is poorer quality data.

Although,the card its self may have just died,I had a closer look at and check the lock,as I did so the little plastic lock bit fell off,and I noticed that side had all cracked open.So big lesson here for all here-regardless of the photographic assignment -use decent brand cards !,I always use the very best in my DSLR for wedding and chicks,but thought I'd get away with cheap card for lowly dingos,but paid the price-they are not cheap cards in the long run.

Last edited by hotspur; 20-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.