View Single Post
Old 29-09-2010, 11:10 AM
ozskywatcher (Josie)

Fantastic images / Image uploading question

Fantastic images.

With your webcasting, are you able to use software to automatically upload the images? I did a small amount of webcasting a few years ago with a web cam and was able to find some software to do this. It didn't have to go through a video frame grabber though.

I would like to do some webcasting again in future with this type of camera, but am would like to be able to have a set up that up-loads images automatically.

Regards,

Paul Floyd.
www.nightskyonline.info

[QUOTE=ballaratdragons;639916]Well, I finally had a clear night after weeks and weeks of Rain, cloud and storms. A great way to end our Eleven year drought!

I got to test out my Samsung SCC-A2333 CCTV camera for 'LIVE' Astro broadcasting.

This model Samsung offers:
Lux rating at 0.0000006 in night mode at full x512 sens-up, 10.25 seconds integration and a 1/2" SONY Ex-View HAD IT CCD Chip.

The in-camera IR filter is a mechanical device that slides in and out of the front of the chip.

Once this was done the camera finally behaved and after adjusting and re-adjusting all the settings it gave crystal clear beautiful coloured Live video of the Tarantula Nebula in the Large Magellanic Cloud, the Fornax Galaxy Cluster, NGC253 Silver Coin Galaxy, 47Tuc Globular Cluster and some small faint Galaxies in Telescopium.

Not only were these images quite good, they were through thin cloud and with the Moon shining bright!

Summary: This camera has turned out to be better than I expected.
The in-camera IR filter doesn't seem to dull images compared to no filter, and does it's job of tidying up the stars.
The 1/2" Sony chip is so sensitive that Nebulae was blowing out too bright at 5 seconds integration. Results were better at 2.5 seconds. So the full 10.25 seconds should reveal those extremely faint objects.

Thank you to all of you that visited my broadcast while doing this first DSO test. I appreciated your comments