View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 03:07 AM
AEAJR (Ed)

Sounds like a wonderful site.

I am in the USA so I can't advise you about going commercial as I have no idea of the landscape or how close you are to a source of customers.

If I were in your circumstances here I would look for a club. Visit one of their meetings. Offer to have them come to the site and set up their scopes to enjoy your facility. No charge, and no discussion of commercial operations. Get their feedback of the site. Perhaps offer them the use of the site once a month and see if that interests them. Again, no charge and no discussion of going commercial.

If the site is especially good for astronomy you might consider holding star parties there for a while so that people get to know it. Perhaps charge a nominal "parking" fee.

Judging from the response, after a years, you can decide if you want to try and make a commercial venture of it or not.

Another thought might be to offer permanent rental sites for people who want to set up remotely controlled observatories. If you have powered concrete pads they could set up an observatory there and either come to use it or run it remotely. Naturally you would have to supply power and internet access.

Just some thoughts.