View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:25 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I recall some statistics indicating 20% of the US population regard the bible as literally correct..but it may be more.

This is no more extrodinary than someone believing the Earth is flat really. An 900 year old man and his two 100 year old sons building a boat does not ring any bells?

I had a period where my interest in cage fighting was replaced by flat earth stuff and it seemed to me many of the flat earth croud have their belief reinforced by the Bible and may be within that 20% group..but looking so far I can find any passage that indicates the Earth is flat in that book...I could check but reading it cover to cover just once is enough to see me a God fearing atheist.

Lets face it there are some weird and very strange beliefs out there no less idiotic than a belief in a flat Earth.

In fact when you look around you may start to realise thinking clearly or applying reason to the nonsence out there perhaps leaves one in the minority.

There are more nutters than not in my view. I find it frightening to think there are folk weirder than me but bless them they make me stand out as normal.

I dont like to judge people but some are very stupid and dumb such that you could wonder if they were trained to be so...you could not get that stupid even from being repeatedly dropped on your head as a kid...they must have had lessons in stupidity.

It might be lead in the water...yes thats it all the solder in all those pipes getting into the water...lead paint on little lead toys...I have read that lead in the Roman world screwed up their brains..

My point how can folk be so stupid without toxins in their system.

Actually believing the Earth is flat is more reasonable than believing the founder of your religion was given a golden Bible on loan from an angel which he then translated by placing his hat containing a seeing stone over his face enabling him to translate the ancient unknown writing in the golden bible on loan from the angle.

Personally I dont believe he owned a hat.
So this golden Bible Mr Smith...
Where is it..oh you gave it back to the angel..yeh that explains why you cant show it to anyone...who do I make my cheque to? Smith not the same Smith charged with fraud and seducing the young girl next door????

OR...
Check out the church of scientology beliefs and all of a sudden flat Earthers seem somewhat reasonable in so far as they are at least dealing with tangible subject matter and working with local observation of something real namely the Earth below their feet.

Heck you could at least use a spirit level to support your case... did you know the gas in the bubble in a spirit level is poisonous to cats and grasshoppers?

No??? Well very few know about that yet Bunings still sell them.

In fact the more I think about making a list of crazy folk the further from the top of the list I would place the flat earther.

For example who would you rank the craziest if choosing between the folk who believe they were abducted by aliens or a flat earther?...

The whole world is mad except thee and me and I am not really sure about thee☺

And how gullible are most folk and yet the word gullible is not found in modern dictionaries and if it does get included it has a silient "h" so who would look for a word like that in the "h" section?

But if you want crazy look at Republicans in the US...one chap stating...oh never mind his thinking is just too scarey to relate...but its not just one...thank goodness Mr Trump injects some sanity into that crazy group...he is probably the most sain of all of them.

So are these flat earthers all that more crazy than the rest????

Alex