View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 04:38 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Hi Adam,

Just make sure before you go to effort of modifying that camera that your scope has a large enough unimpeded image circle otherwise you’ll get significant vignetting anyway on the full frame sensor. Unless of course you’re planning on using it with a lens.

Cheers

Ryan
Hey Ryan

Thanks for the note; I don't mind cropping to be honest. My current 'scope (below) doesn't have the biggest imaging circle and I've recently added a flattener to it so it'll probably be worse!
At some point this or next year I'll be updating the 'scope and camera anyway, but I'd like to have a second camera for secondary targets using my camera lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Camera Clinic in Melbourne (google them) modified my 5DII a few years back.

They must have done a good job, as the camera still works well.

I had the full spectrum modification done as I wanted to do some IR and UV photography....which I am glad I did as I purchased the EOSRa recently which is much more user friendly for nightscape images.

With a full-spectrum mod you will need an Optolong L-Pro or similar filer insert
to mitigate the strong magenta cast the camera's images will have post-modification.
Cheers Peter!
Full Spectrum does sound interesting if the budget allows it. If I don't go down that path is the mod I need just removing the IR cut filter and adding a glass filter in it's place?

A bit confused about all the options

Cheers