View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 04:50 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Yes, yes ... nice view and all that, but let's get down to brass tacks. What software are you going to use?! Are you planning unattended imaging? And WHERE is the video of the dome opening and rotating at the press of a button???
Ha ha, all in good time Marcus For various reasons things have slowed down right at the moment, as it turns out there are many logistical, not to mention financial , twists and turns and considerations, in, not only constructing Australia's' Highest observatory, on a relatively remote mountain that is not my primary place of residence, while having a full time job ...but as you know, just running a 100 acre rural property has its own trials and tribulations....thus, the most important quality is most certainly patience . In the beginning I was feeling a bit excited and kinda rush rush, wanting it done yesterday, especially after the wonderful observing sessions last year that blew my eyes and mind with spectacular skies...but there has been a lot involved....and many delays.

Of course that doesn't prevent me from stopping to reflect on the beauty of the location from time to time, it's bloody hard not too

Mike