View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah, viewing the full resolution version, the coma is pretty obvious in the whole outer area (least in lower left corner) but at fit to screen resolution view, it looks ok bit of spacing adjustment needed I guess? Lovely colour palette though, and the ROG judges might'a liked the wild fire connection too..but you probably need to remove the stars, colourise it all orange-red and apply some unnatural sharpening filter to the whole scene to make it look more like flames good Melbournian imaging there Andy
Cheers Mike - just letting pareidolia do it's thing when this familiar target is presented at a different orientation. As to ROG? Well who knows what they like? I missed out altogether this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlud View Post
Very nice Andy. The big sensors certainly take some taming. Nice tonality and love the detail on the small molecular clouds -did you deconvolve this or just use Topaz for the sharpening on this?
Cheers Matthew, while Topaz NR is a regular part of my workflow, no sharpening or decon settings were used whatsoever. (I'm not generating artificial details, and couldn't be bothered dealing with the continuous grief from the luddite club )