View Single Post
Old 13-08-2015, 07:30 AM
gregbradley

One thing you could try Paul is more aggressive autoguiding on nights of better seeing. Aggressiveness 10 and min move even lower. That was advice from Roland Christen.

Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Hi Rolf.

I have two permanent systems in a separate observatories of their own to answer your first question.

You are right about not being able to take advantage of that sort of seeing. I don't want to go changing around cameras to suit the circumstances. It's just nice to have good seeing. It helps to make for sharp images, certainly sharper than some I see about. I could change the QSI over to the RC though and the STXL over to the FSQ. That would give me 0.46 per pixel on the RC. That would come closer than the current 0.76" per pixel.

Good point about the wide field system, I had not considered that the figures were smaller than the actual sampling. It being 2.01 seconds per pixel. I am just reading what I get in maxim, CCDstack and CCDinspector of FWHM values. Being that the maximum resolving power is 2 arc seconds per pixel that should feasibly mean I am sampling at the maximum resolution capable of the scope/camera combination and could not read any higher than that. Thoughts? I don't know why the programmes are showing these figures.