View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 07:25 PM
UniPol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisen View Post
According to a post I saw on a local astro Facebook page Australian Sky & Telescope is no more. The poster had been unable to contact them and subsequently contacted the company hosting the electronic version. They confirmed the demise of A&ST. Apparently the October issue will not be forthcoming.

Brian
If this is the case it will be the second time I’ve been done on my subscriptions. I recall Sky & Space went under back when and I still had over a year left on the subscription. Regarding Australian Sky & Telescope, the cover sheet which came with my postal subscription showed the number of remaining copies yet the digital version via email had no such indication so I don't know how many copies are still owed. It will be interesting to see if we receive a refund for the remaining copies.

The following diatribe from the publisher, Ian Brooks, sent with the first digital issue in July seems rather moot now particularly as we were given two extra copies owing to our “continued support”.

Dear valued subscriber,

Due to increased print and distribution costs, we have found that it is no longer viable to produce hard copies of Australian Sky & Telescope. Instead, we will be issuing you with digital versions of each magazine which can be found here. Australian Sky & Telescope has been serving the astronomical community for almost twenty years and will continue to provide the latest news from around the world and the galaxies in the new format, Every four to five weeks you will receive an email link to the latest edition, which you can read online, download or print your favourite articles.

As a way of saying thank you for your continued support we’ve added two additional issues to the end of your subscription.

I trust you understand the reasons for the changes and thank you for your understanding.
Clear skies

Ian Brooks
Publisher