View Single Post
Old 22-03-2010, 05:48 PM
JD2439975 (Justin)
Cloud hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjnettie View Post
That's a mammoth effort you've put into this.
And it's really put things into perspective for me.
A copy of this should be kept onsite.
Thanks
I was thinking of doing the full ISO scale till I worked out it would take almost 20 hours of exposures just the "classic" numbers for me thanks.
jjj I hope you & others(including me) get something out of this, makes it all worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallstock
Hi Justin,
Thanks for the info.
I have trouble using the small viewfinder so it is Live View for me.
Do you think it would reduce noise if the viewfinder was permanently "covered"?
Peter
Peter covering the viewfinder won't lower thermal noise but it will cut down on stray light entering the back of the camera.
I hear you on the LiveView, 10x zoom on the focus routine works a treat...but it does love to eat those batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman
That is fantastic Justin - could you please post the location of the 'online average colour of the image applet'?

I would love to do the same thing with my Canon 10D - it is an older chip and I think that it is quite noisy - it would be interesting to do the comparison.

Thanks
Adam
Gidday Adam, the page I used was http://www.wisegeek.com/how-can-i-fi...photograph.htm
JPG only unfortunately but good enough to get a rough numeric value on the noise.
That would be great to do the 10D, if others did thier camera they could possibly be stickied somewhere as a guide to camera noise.

Justin.