Thread: Mouse Plague
View Single Post
  #49  
Old 26-05-2021, 07:57 AM
glend (Glen)
Registered User

glend is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Macquarie
Posts: 6,472
Mice start fire destroying home in NSW

On the TV news this morning was a report of a house in rural NSW that was destroyed by fire overnight. The fire is being blamed on mice! The conjecture is that the mice chewed through the electrical wiring in the ceiling, causing a short which caused the fire.
Obviously not equipped with mice safety switches. The particular mouse that completed the circuit must have been momentarily surprised.

Now this brings me to that great Aussie back verandah accessory, the Bug Zapper. We need a Mouse Zapper! This electrocution device could be place in areas of infestation, at ground level, potentially baited to draw them near. When they walk over the grid, Zap.
You would want to keep the cat away from it.
What other devices can we invent to dispatch the rodents?
Reply With Quote