View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Peter,

I just took a 300 sec dark immediately after a 180 sec light frame of a bright object (plenty of saturated stars) and can't see any sign of a residual image on my H18. I'll have a closer look at it in the morning...

BTW, got my AO working tonight. It seems to guide very, very well!

Cheers,
Rick.
cheers Rick. I had a bit of a play after the moon set. The recommendation from SX to deal with the shutter that won't close has been 'unusual' to say the least. It was to try to jog it closed by running a heap of 1 second lights and if that doesn't do it, then give it a whack with a soft mallet. It is a landmark day when you get advice from a manufacturer to give their expensive product a whack with a hammer. One for the books. I tried both suggestions but neither worked. The shutter still leaves a window open at one end.
To test the residual thingm try doing a Bahtinov mask on something bright - like Canopus and then immediately after, nudge the camera a bit off that target, remove the Baht mask and do another light so you will see both a spikey mask image and a plain non-mask - if it's there that is.
Peter