View Single Post
Old 18-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Adrian-H
Naturalist

i havent printed many of my astrophotos just afew, i print truck loads of photography though,

i would like to do some more astrophotography when i get back home

i print my photos with eather a epson or canon photo printer, the quality i get is just as good as a lab would offer,

i used to have some problems incorrect colors when i started printing photos, but since i started calibrating my monitor with spyder ive never had problems with my prints and i notaced the only problem i had was that the monitor was not giving me the correct picture for the data, which was fixed by the spyder monitor calibration. from my experiance adobe gamma wont do justice eather.

i have printed afew astrophotos, and they come out perfectly fine for me.

it kinda sounds like maybe your monitor may not be calibrated to your data, allso when you send photos in for prints, sometimes they apply enhancements to the photos, tell them not to.

spyder blows it away for calibration, so that you are really seeing what your data really looks like, i wouldnt dare edit my photos on an uncalibrated monitor since being through the luxury of proper monitor calibration.

i probly would have given up on photography if i couldnt print any of my photos, i am very glad i made the choice to get one of the monitor calibraters, they are expensive though, everything is expensive for me these days waaah!!! but i guess it was worth it.

Last edited by Adrian-H; 18-03-2007 at 01:26 AM.