View Single Post
Old 13-07-2013, 10:41 AM
alistairsam

Hi Ken,

I did read about the AA filter and moire a bit but didn't pay much attention until Rowland pointed it out.
So in short, its better to take it out and replace it with a normal UV/IR filter?
in the pre-press industry, we normally do use a blur filter to remove moire from scans of printed material. kind of the same thing I think.

yes I'll PM you about the cold fingers. i've got a few ideas on preventing frosting but i'll finish the b&W and IR filter mod and now the AA filter mod first and do some narrowband now that the moon is out for the next 2 weeks or so. will then move on to the cooling.

I finally managed to install the 350d drivers in windows xp and i'm figuring out how to take exposures longer than 30secs. if that works, i'll give it a crack on the first clear night out here.
i'll see if I can get a few 5 min exposures with an LP filter with the mono 350D and a few RGB exposures with the QHY8L and overlay the two.

I'm wondering if there is any interest out there for photographers to use a B&W DSLR.

Cheers
Alistair