View Single Post
Old 23-06-2022, 11:07 AM
Mickoid (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth10 View Post
Mick,
Looks like that ha filter is doing it’s job, nice to see detail in the pillars - I like it.
What was the exposure for your subs and how are you finding manually focussing using the ha filter?

Very impressive mate.
Thanks Anthony, yep I'm having fun with this filter. These shots comprised of 3min subs @ gain 50 on this camera. Focusing is achieved by locating a relatively bright star first, crank up the gain and reduce the exposure to achieve a reasonably quick loop to notice the focus adjustments within a shorter period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Well done Mick
They are perfectly sized targets for your ZWO120mms and 6 inch. You've captured some wonderful detail and from Melbourne no less!!!

Best
JA
Thanks JA, the 7nm Ha filter virtually eliminates Melbourne's light pollution. The ASI120mm's sensor size probably crops M20 a little too tight to capture all the nebulosity, especially the blue reflection part. It does crop keeping the most interesting part of M16 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Great effort. You really have to grad what you can given the weather.
Another good add for the wonderful 6 inch Newtonian Telescope.
Alex
Thanks Alex, you've got to take the opportunities with the way the weather's been along the southeast coast of the country over the last 6 months or so. I have three telescopes, if someone said you can only have one, I'd probably keep the 6 inch Newtonian.