View Single Post
Old 23-11-2021, 11:47 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Martin, the idea of using a hose clamp is excellent. For years, I have been using these clamps (bought for almost nothing at Bunnings) for so many purposes other than, well, clamping a hose. But I would have never thought of using one to stabilize an electronic focuser! I don’t intend to buy one for the foreseeable future, as I would like to crawl before I can run, but just knowing that there are easy installment possibilities without drilling is great. Thanks for sharing your procedures.

By the way, my rig is finally complete - except for the Optolong L-Extreme filter arriving in a couple of weeks. Guide cam & scope are set up piggy-backed on the BT200 and PHD2 profile set up thanks to the instructions you sent me. Today I will collimate and wait for what feels like an eternity for good weather.

Thanks,
Stéphane
Stephane,
Thanks, at least some folk think it’s a good idea. Unless you notice the clamp screw behind the base of the focuser , you would think it’s a purpose fit accessory
I did post it on the ZWO forum and sent it to Bintel as well.

That’s great your rig is almost set up. My advice from now on is take your time , step by step, you will most probably have a few set backs but all part of the process
The weather hasn’t been kind to all of us over the last few months but it will eventually improve
Whilst the weather is bad go through your procedures, collimate your scope , balance your rig with all gear on board including camera etc.. and mark positions of the counterweights and scope with texta pen , maybe do some simulations , learn your software programs , there’s plenty of things to do and check before we all get some clear nights
Good luck and be patient
Cheers
Martin