View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 PM
ejcruz (Eddie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I seem to be having some problems with PHD just stopping guiding, well at least with the guide camera appearing to stop collecting images. The screen goes blank, the LED on the QGuider stays illuminated continuously,the message line on PHD says Star Lost.

It appears the QGuider just stops capturing images. It also seems evident that this problem happenes a lot more when I run Starry night pro at the same time. The guider will almost always capture for about 10 minutes then stop capturing. PHD appears to be not responding also.

Has any one else suffered this problem and if so were you able to find a remedy?
This maybe the same issue I came across some months back, and it still happens every now and again but not so frequently, tracked it down to my USB ports being flooded, I'm using a Toshiba laptop model Satellite PSLB0A which has 3 USB ports and it appears they are all running of the same USB controller, Microsoft came out with a fix some months back which has sort of fixed the issue - I'm running Vista Home Premium. I found this out by running PHD on a separate laptop. Another way to prove this is to run PHD and your capture software on the same laptop and while you guide and capture an image connect a USB memory stick and download some files, you should see PHD loose connection to the guide camera. Note PC desktops usually have 2 USB controllers where as most laptop only have 1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Eddie