View Single Post
Old 28-05-2016, 08:51 AM
FrankyT (Frank)

Neq6 Strange Behaviour

Hello, for a change I am not asking a question for my own equipment. Two mates of mine seem to have the same issue.

Once the NEQ6 has been polar aligned and all is working well for an unknown reason it begins to drift quickly in RA (the one I observed east) for about 30 arc seconds. It hovers there for about two minutes and slowly returns to the original position. I have been told it also can go the other direction and photos show that ie on either side of the star there is a small trail enough to ruin shots. I tested one of the mounts using all my own gear to eliminate anything else such as power. It is not balancing, power and other issues around the mount. I have also updated the hand controller and MC software. It appears too largeto be PE (my experience it is usually quite small not the gross travel I am talking about here)but just in case I tried PEC. I thought I was getting somewhere as tracking seem to improve but then it came back again. I could show screen shots but it simply shows the star disappearing from backyard EOS cross hair on X10 within about 20 seconds, hover for a couple of minutes around 30 arc seconds from where it is supposed to be and return. The mounts are still under warranty. Cheers.

Last edited by FrankyT; 28-05-2016 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Adjust Heading