View Single Post
Old 24-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Tandum (Robin)

I don't think guiding has anything to do with syncing of the mount. I'm sure I can guide the tak mount without having a PC/The Sky controlling the mount. Is your sidereal rate adjustable? Is it stable? It's not flicking to solar or lunar rate is it? If the rate is too high plus movement between downloads?

And here's a late night after thought, don't you have a tv guider? That doesn't use a pc so guiding wouldn't be blocked while images are downloading. That should pull image drift during download out of the equation or inversely prove that it's drifting when guiding is paused.

If you connect maxim to your scope via the observatory window, maxim will put RA/DEC, Alt/Az, FL etc etc into the fits header, then you can then analyze/pinpoint a new or old image and sync or slew the scope to the center of the image as reported by pinpoint. You need to have the scope data entered correctly under file/settings/optics and have the GSC 1.1 (corrected) installed, for it all to work well. And your mount driver should be a hub, or you could use POTH, to connect multiple tools to the mount. You could also connect it to the lesve dome controller and run a motorised roof as a shutter

I only managed to get 4 subs through a sucker hole tonight, phd is guiding though a second PC and I see no drift, but it's only 4 x 2minute subs. I'd prefer to get 10 x 10minutes worth as a direct comparison to what I have already seen before saying it's definately usb traffic causing my drift, but it sure looks like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (test.gif)
60.0 KB9 views

Last edited by Tandum; 25-04-2011 at 01:13 AM.