Thread: EQ alignment
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Mick1 (Mick)
Mick

slow motion controls

The mount was purchased the mount from Andrews Communications in Sydney, I have sent an email to them about the missing items, they don't reopen until the week after next I think so I'll have to wait.
This has prompted me to have a good look over everything and I now believe that the mount and tripod were floor stock that was repacked and sent to me. The reason being is that there are grub screw marks on the brass spindles where the slow motion flex controls attach, and just little things like lack of manufactures paper work in the box that sort of thing, also the setting circles on RA axis don't seem to be fitted correctly the pressed aluminium one doesn't look to be seated properly and the bigger one behind it is loose despite the thumb screw being tight. Although maybe the setting circle issue is a manufacturing/assembly issue rather than a supplier one.
I don't think the setting circle's will be a show stopper, more of an annoyance if anything, simply because I know it's there, and the slow motion controls would have been an oversight I'm sure, and it's an easy fix. It's just put a damper on things a bit.
Still Andrews Communications were easy to deal with and helpful, I will most likely deal with them again. I'm not going to discredit them, it's just one of those things that happen.