Thread: Helix Nebula
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 11:12 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The other thing Tony is make sure polar is spot on..keep on it..check it again and again...however lets assume your polar is spot on and treat RA as the only contributor to star movement...what I found was I could almost eliminate stars trailing by repeated adjustment of the counter weights but I am adjusting constantly ...it seems to me that a perfect balance we aim for when setting up does not give us what we want and that a bias works better...also it is most important to have the motor getting good voltage as a little down really makes a good mount bad.

Also if you have not done so train your mount ..its in the hand paddle somewhere ...

Also keep an eye on cables their "strain" on things changes during a session and its something not to underestimate.

The RASA is between post offices but not sure if the camera is on its way...I cant change a thing so I will wait. I just hope I can use it and not pass out or similar...it will go on a EQ 6 which will be interesting but an EQ8 takes months to get here...so again I am somewhat forced to go short exposure...my hope is also that instead of being up all night that I can get all I need in an hour and bit ...also that I can last an hour and s bit...not much to ask but a lot to expect.
Alex