View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 01:27 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Thanks all for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Malcolm
In regard to Startools, I don’t follow what you mean about disabling the sliders and let it ride ?
What version of Startools are you using ?

Cheers
Martin
When I use the Wipe module the gradient adjusts the reddish nebulosity into some fairly ugly bands across the image. I adjusted the Gradient sliders in different setting only to get changes in the gradients. I set them all the zero percent and got the last image which shows no bars as I did with the previous version. I was then able to get a better more detailed image. I am not going to give up on the Wipe tool as I need it for colour wiping but I will look at more details later. I usually follow the procedure on the website.

I am using the 1.7 latest version I downloaded last week. It has improvements in speed of processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Looks pretty good to me. Perhaps you can mask the star before stretch or apply lense corrections of the blue .
Yes, masking will be another step to learn, Only basic auto star masking I use when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
echo everyone else's comments. Don't be discouraged, you should be encouraged. That's a great image from that camera and you processed it well.
Not discouraged, actually the latest output has boosted my spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
For a first attempt at a target that's not as easy as the orion nebula it's a good start, keep at it.
This one is particularly hard for an un-modded camera. A modded camera should get deeper reds. So far I have to artificially create the reddish tinge.