View Single Post
Old 25-05-2013, 09:30 PM
jaffer44

Can't afford a Dslr ? Get creat pics with just your iPhone

Before we get started I'll just let you know.
All photos and videos have been recorded edited and uploaded to my youtube chennel stright from my iPhone. No computers were used at all and that is why am am sorry to say I couldnot share my videos in HD :-(
I couldn't afford a Dslr and I just wanted to get some nice pics of the moon and planets.
One night I while gazing at a nice full moon and using my Sky Safari Pro app I thought I might see what i could get out of the iPhones camera.
2 hours latter after juggling between keeping the moon lined up the with the scope and the phone to the eyepiece I managed to get a couple of photographs that rely suprised me in their clarity

So after 6 month of DIYing and mucking around I have gotten a camera mount thats firm doesn't shake and its easy to realign the lenses after eyepiece changes.
And it all cost less then $30 with few bits and pieces raided from a old camera trypod and kids toys that they shouldn't have left laying aound lol.

Now we need a camera App that we can adjust brightness manually with.
There are a few different ones around.
I use Pro camera for 2 reason
1. it's very easy to set the brightness and lock it. This stops the screen from whiting out and lets you remove thoughs annoying over exposed bits that stop it being a great photo.
2. It lets you zoom while videoing
Here is a video showing you how easys using the app is

And here is a video of the videoing it is recorded in HD but is not uploaded in HD :-(

The only problem with this app is you can't use your headphones to activate the shutter for your still shots witch means touching the screen.
To over come any movement set the time delay for a second or two.