View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 08:09 AM
gregbradley

A stunning image Andy, perhaps one of your best - hard to say as you have so many excellent images.

Where did you get the clear skies? Its been cloudy here in Sydney now for several months with perhaps the odd one or two nights that sometimes cloud over later.

This is also one of my most favourite objects and you have done it superbly. I like the extended field of view as that picks up the interesting Ha on the left.

You handled that blue O111 background well. I got a bit confused when my image picked up a lot of that and I wasn't sure if it was a gradient or not.

I'd love to see a landscape orientation version of it. If the angles work out.

Your TOA 130 scope with reducer is very similar to my AP130 and reducer. I thought it would be the ideal instrument for this object and your image shows that. I did a test image of this about a year ago with the CFF 105 F6 and a Riccardi 83mm reducer and QHY600m. It looked stunning but the reducer would have to be distanced properly, corner stars were hideous!
So by the time I would crop out the bad bits I would be back to an equivalent 130mm F4.5 size. I was planning to make it a project this year but weather has intervened.

Greg.