View Single Post
Old 20-07-2022, 04:23 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Help, I find myself in an awkward position, caught between advice that appears to be contradictory in how an end user can implement it in the relationship between these two SW products.

I don’t want to be “right” – I would just like my Paramount MX+ and The Sky X Pro to work as described in the TheSky X User Guide. That is, PEC Training working in the Southern Hemisphere.

On the SB Forum I am led to believe that PEMPro is interoperable with TSX 64-bit.

I posted a question on the PEMPro Support Forum re The Sky X Pro 32-bit and 64-bit interface to PEMPro and have been advised that PEMPro is a 32-bit application and by Microsoft design will invoke the 32-bit version of other applications it interacts with.

I understand and I am sympathetic to the position of developers who may restrict themselves to only commenting on their own software products, and their right to protect their commercial and intellectual property interests, but it leaves the end user in no man’s land as to what is the truth about how these SW products interact considering such apparently contradictory advice.

Oh well, at least I know PEMPro works with TSX 32-bit and gives me excellent results, so I’ll count my blessings for that positive outcome.

In the meantime, I would be most glad to hear of the experience of any Paramount user who has used PEMPro with their Paramount, within The Sky X Pro 64-bit environment, or have you all used the 32-bit version?

Cheers

Dennis