View Single Post
Old 14-07-2022, 12:19 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

I took delivery of an MX+ recently and when I ran the new “Train PEC” Routine it failed – it actually doubled the PE rather than reducing it.

I raised a Problem Report on the SB Forum, and they acknowledged the problem, but have not yet provided a fix or a date for a fix.

However, as I searched around, I came across this post on IIS (from Paul) and was extremely surprised to see that there has been an ongoing problem (several years) with the PE routine related to Southern Hemisphere owners, whether it be the “Legacy“ Process where the user performed several manual process steps, or the new “Train PEC” Process which is more automated.

I do hope SB fix this problem as I would prefer the HW/SW to work as described in the Manual, rather than having to resort to a 3rd party solution like PEMPro.

For those that have resorted to PEMPro, did you find it an effective solution? I have a feeling that I might be forced down this path given how long the problem has been outstanding and with no date yet provided for a solution.

Thank you Peter for commenting in my Problem Report of the SB Forum, it is reassuring to know that there is an alternative method.

Cheers

Dennis