View Single Post
Old 16-06-2020, 11:55 AM
jahnpahwa (JP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post

It may be a dumb obvious question but is the correct camera being selected in PHD with the branched tab icon when connecting? You can accidentally have the imaging camera selected. And of course with the old 120 MM you want the USB speed to be slower.
Not a dumb question at all, Ray! (or perhaps it is, but is right at my level, regardless )

I did end up grabbing a few successful 5mins guided subs the other night! I think it was at least partly down to selecting the camera with the branched tab.

Why hadn't I done that before... I had been switching the imaging camera in APT to the ZWO driver and using ASCOM camera 2 for the guider in PHD2, which was the correct camera assignment in the ASCOM profiles. This was failing. What worked was keeping the imager as ASCOM driven in APT and selecting ZWO camera in PHD2, THEN the branch to ensure the guider was the one it was using.

I'll crank the USB on the 1600 up to 50 just to give it an edge, too. Thanks for that tip!

I'm again waiting for good weather (Canberra has been hopeless for over a week now) to go through an entire sharpcap alignment, phd calibrate THEN image routine.

(sorry for the thread hijack, by the way... but hopefully this is helping us both/all)

Last edited by jahnpahwa; 16-06-2020 at 12:07 PM.