View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 04:56 PM
jahnpahwa (JP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
I have been trying to help my brother get his setup working properly. He is using an older style desktop with Windows 10 and we have most everything sorted but the guide camera and the guiding.

One of the issues seems to be conflicts with the ZWO drivers and which camera to choose in which software. We have even tried the ZWO Ascom fore the guide cam and the native ZWO driver for the imaging camera. The cameras are an ASI1600 mono and I think an ASI120(like a QHY5) guide cam.

The other issue is getting the guide cam to work reliably and consistantly in PHD. At the moment, if we get it to connect, it may work for 5 minutes then just give a white screen or it may go straight into a white screen, no adjustment stops it and brings it back. Sometimes even rebooting will not make it work.

Would love to know if anyone else has/had this issue and possible remedies? We have tried pretty much everything we can think of so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yep, going through exactly the same thing now. Have just refreshed my drivers, waiting for a clearish night to test it. Its a bummer, being so closr and thishurdle will not relent!