View Single Post
Old 18-05-2021, 05:11 PM
ausmensan (Simon)
Galactic Explorer

Thanks Wayne,

I think you have outlined what I believe to be true about my own setup, and that is pushing for something which it is not really suited for. That is ok though, as my expectations are not for any grand prize, just for something that I can say I did, maybe good, maybe not, but that's ok also.

The imaging camera I bought was really for planetary stuff anyway, and I would be happy with some shots of Jupiter and Saturn with a few moons in the picture TBH!

I appreciate the heads up on frames, how do you do the darks/bias frames etc? Is there a tutorial handy for this?

I am also aware of the field rotation issue, but as I said, the planets would keep me happy really. If I manage a few DSO's, then that would be fine.

Met my dad today, and he actually gave me the money for the wedge, if I want it, so that was pretty decent of him. The problem with the wedge, is actually finding one that will be stable enough, and I am pretty sure the standard Celestron one isn't, so maybe a custom job as mentioned by Alex is the way to go?

Cheers!