View Single Post
Old 23-03-2015, 06:01 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Thanks to those who came for another IISAC, the 9th!

The weather on Thursday was brilliant - a hot day, but clear all night long and a slight breeze to keep the dew at bay. I had a great time capturing nightscapes in some new locations, and ended up heading to bed after 1:30am. I wished I stayed up later given the next 2 nights

Friday was hot! and then a change came through about 6pm which cooled it down, bringing clouds and later, rain. Saturday was a complete washout too.

Unfortunate about the weather, but at least Thursday was great. A lot of attendees who only came for the Friday and/or Saturday were no doubt disappointed. Certainly one of the cloudier, wetter camps we've had.

We were way down in numbers - just over half the number of last year. The weather forecast certainly would've affected that. Maybe it was the lack of guest speakers or lucky door prize? I suspect it was the weather more than the latter, but without clear skies it's impossible to know

Anyway for the people that did come, I hope they had a relaxing time even though it wasn't doing what they had hoped. The swimming hole was magnificent on Thursday and Friday.

Thanks as always to Al and Lyn for their help and support, and thanks to Alex and Gondwana Telescopes for the 2 workshops.

Might do something different again next year - otherwise I'm just not inclined to do it again at this stage. I've got some ideas.