View Single Post
Old 28-01-2021, 01:13 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmos View Post

I’m used to older deep cycle batteries telling me how many amp hours they provide but the Jackery doesn’t seem to say what it provides. What is it?

For a more powerful Australian option what do you think of this (except the price)? https://itechworld.com.au/products/l...watt-itech1000

Chris
Hi Chris

My Jackery can last about 5 hours at best, powering my EQ6-R, dew heater, and Surface Book 2. The latter usually draws 40-45W from the battery when idle, but can spike to about 100Wh when pushed. It's a powerful laptop, and so draws a commesurate amount of power.

But mostly it sits in the 40-45Wh range.
The Jackery is 240W (my one anyway, there are other options), and with about 90% usable capacity, that means circa 215Wh. That puts it at just under 5 hours draw to zero.
I usually run it down to about 30%, then plug in my other LiFe PO4 battery to keep it at that level.
That's a 192Wh battery, which will give another 3-4 hours or so if required (usually isn't).

edit: oh and as for your link, be really careful with any power supply that can't guarantee 12V output. Deep cycle batteries can as they usually pump out 13-15V pretty reliably, but only until 50% capacity.
Lithium is different; not all lithiums are the same. Look for a regulated DC output. Jackery has a regulated output which will guarantee 12V output.
I actually wrote to the company in that link many months ago, and they confirmed their unit wasn't regulated.

This is important for many mounts that stall and don't slew correctly when they get undervolted power. The EQ6-R (my mount) is one of these.