View Single Post
Old 22-09-2021, 01:02 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc View Post
And I still recall the French thumbing their noses at us when they carried out nuclear tests in the Pacific, so I'm not shedding to many tears for them, although I do think it was poorly handled overall.
I remember that in 95 with the Mururoa test. I was working as a hose doctor at the time for ENZED. Partly owned by kiwis too. Rainbow warrior was still fresh in their mind. The new run was a hard sale to begin with and I still got a green cake for my b'day while working there "the mururoa cake" according to that kiwi bloke.

There is no love for Macron back home. He didn't think twice about sending the army against the yellow jackets. People were mauled badly. His corporate mates who put him in position in the top job on the other hand are pretty sour about losing $90bn especially Lagardère who's part owner of multiple defence contracts and his E.U. corporate friends. So I reckon that's where the beef is. Nothing to do with national security or politics. It's simply about the money and getting shafted. But hey, if they upheld their end of the bargain and supplied what they were asked on time we wouldn't be there. So no sympathy.