View Single Post
Old 18-05-2021, 03:23 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

That really does look great Martin.

Funny doing this post and looking thru all my photos makes me wonder how on Earth I did any of this work..I could not work for fifteen minutes before having to rest for mostly more that an hour...but just chip chip chip away slowly slowly ...most of all just keeping at it...but at the moment I just cant not get restarted...I have become soft and slack and just cant bring myself to go to the observatory and three nights have been clear, but I am asleep by 7-30...It got to be all the medication ... But I just have to turn things around and somehow push past the haze whatever as its been far too long to waste time...I am starting to wonder if I jumped on the 11 inch RASA and 2600 to early..mmmm maybe to late...anyways fortunately today it is overcast so I get time off...I am thinking to buy another bed and mattress to replace the one from the observatory...given the girls moved it to the main house...if I had a bed down there it would be so different...anyways winging wont help...I am so very happy to see you getting your observatory up and running ...it really looks great and your latest image was fantastic... anyways if, when, I improve I am going to get the flash EQ8..H model which seems very good at guiding...That will clean me out ...My new attitude is never put off what you can to do until this afternoon ..just do it right away.

Anyways I did want to mention for consideration by Stephen was the third observatory that I built..it was no more than a 4ft x 4ft cube which because of it being cheap is a great first option...also it probably requires no council permission cause it is only 4 ft high...thinking things through that was my third..first a rock one that was rather solid being built in sandstone but never ended up with more than a cover for a roof, then a nicely pine lined garden shed that totally rolled away, the " cube" in Sydney, then the two up here, although I bought the big one second hand and only built the pier , front deck and fitted it out.. but one way or another that is five all up...anyways the "cube" was cheap and worked well. Just a thick ply box , a door, with a two part lid such that when open the roof doors together with curtains out a black heavy cloth raised the wall height to shield from wind and the street light across the road.
I want to get it up here so I can have four scopes in position... RASA, 8 inch, 80mm and 115 mm...each will have a different job... anyways plenty of projects to keep me active.
Jere are some photos of the "CUBE" to give an idea of it looks.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20180401_161756-1_resize_8.jpg)
91.0 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (20180409_164651-1-1_resize_43.jpg)
51.5 KB78 views
Click for full-size image (20180409_164703-1-1_resize_53.jpg)
49.0 KB78 views
Click for full-size image (20180401_161329-1_resize_11.jpg)
89.3 KB83 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 18-05-2021 at 03:43 PM.