Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2022, 09:08 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well the gods did not turn up and I had two rigs running..I was in pain and could not stand so I just could not get the third rig running as it needed the new cable added and the new guide camera which seems nothing now but last night at the begining I was actually feeling faint and I seemed not to be thinking straight... lucky by 10 pm I felt much better probably because the activity made my body realise it just had to perform.

It was clear but the moisture manifested in my subs not being as clear as I know they should be...particularly on M42 the trap stars were there but not sharp and I was testing 5 second subs..which look good otherwise...

I had to change the pulleys to get the roof open which was a surprise given the work adding new wheels I thought I had fixed that problem.. the new ones allowed the cables to jam between the housing and the wheel,...a result of replacing the gal cable with thinner stainless...but happily I could sit down so I did not let it upset me..after the initial jam I was a little put out I will admit..as it left some of those nasty whiskers no one wants on a cable...I bandaged it and the bright side that is now a marker point for rolling out the cable..

The security camera fell victim to dew so that's something to fix..they will need little gaurd houses but not buying dew heater strips for them.

Funny I could not see the CSP with the HEQ 5 so no polar align..and it was way way out as I had just plunked it down ...before guiding I have never seen such long star trails but the guiding managed it..unbelievable..I did not think it would work so well...Happily the eq5 and 80mm is perfectly placed for M31 so I tested the ability to give Asiair a list of things to do so told it to do 7 filter changes ...and it automatically re focuses..life is wonderful..the time effort and heart break these Asiair units deliver means they are worth their weight in gold to me.

I could go on..oh one scare at 3 am trying to close up..the winch cable made contact with the little battery I was using to power a dew heater ( things do do there yet) and man talk about fire works and as I was befuddled I could not work it out and it was hard just to bend down and stop it...funny when you think about it.

So very very happy that two Asiairs would run off my phone..next time it will be all from the desk top or maybe just the tablet...tablet has advantages but a big screen to cull subs ...anyways all good.

Alex