View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 12:07 PM
miker

Hi Steve, I have been using an AZ-EQ6 mount in Alt Az mode for three years visual only and have never used the setting circles (rings).
To set up the mount so you can find objects (goto) you will need to do a star alignment as per the hand controller manual. I use the two star method as described on page 16 ......

https://inter-static.skywatcher.com/...61208V1-EN.pdf

Mine is set up permanently in an observatory so I don’t have to do the alignment every session. When finished for the evening I send the mount and scope to the Home position using the hand controller and it then knows where it is starting from next time.

If setting up fresh on a tripod each session, then you will need to do a star alignment at the beginning of each session so the mount knows where it is starting from.
You do not need to send it to the home position at the end of the session as you will be pulling the whole shebang down until next time.

The setting circles are not used in any of this setting, up shutting down business.

If you get this mount and get a bit stuck mastering the star alignment procedure, come back on here and we can walk you through it.

What telescope are you thinking of putting on this mount?

Oh, nearly forgot

Michael.