View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Hi Ray,

Thanks for this interesting post. Like everywhere this is discussed nobody can ever agree!! But, I think Greg is right in the sense that as these cameras are used more and more certain facts will become clearer no doubt. I'm in no position to argue the technical side of things.....

I'm wondering if you might share which camera you decided to buy (and perhaps why), and which scope you intend to test this with?

I wonder how it might perform with my TEC140 at f7 (.95 arcsec/pix) compared with my KAF8300 (1.14 arcsec/pix)? Not a significant improvement in resolution, but would I see much improvement in sensitivity for RGB and Ha? Would it be worth the decreased FOV? Of course, as reported by several, the possibility to not need darks or deep cooling, and lighter package are all appealing selling points.

Thanks,

Peter
thanks Peter. I chose an SX because 1. it is available locally. 2. it has a mechanism to adjust the squaring of the sensor. This is only an issue with fast scopes and I intend to use the chip with either my ancient 8 inch f4 or a new 10 inch f4.

I will put your gear into the model and post results later - I am not able to do it tonight.

regards ray