View Single Post
Old 15-04-2021, 09:26 AM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

StarGuider Dual ED EPs

I received my new set of 6 EPs from ProAstroz this morning. Cost was $415 + postage.

They are approximately the same size and weight. I was delighted to find that the 4 longer focal lengths are exactly parfocal when tested with my 81mm ED Vixen. The 8mm needed an extra 1 or 2milimetres of outfocusing, whereas the 5mm needed 2 or 3 millimetres of infocusing.

I was also very pleased to find that these 4 parfocal EPs where also parfocal with my Vixen 30mm Plossl. This means that they will also be nearly parfocal with the Vixen NPL plossls, Tak & Fujiyama orthoscopics and some unbranded silver plossls that I already own.

It’s too early to say how good they will be stargazing, but I will advise re this within my capabilities (so not overly technical). I will also report more on their ergonomic comfort etc.

I must also add that they arrived very well packed and as expected, in mint condition.

In the second image, they are arranged according to size with the smallest EP in front and the tallest at the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (N108.jpg)
193.1 KB63 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20210415083049.jpg)
165.2 KB52 views