View Single Post
Old 17-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Dilsh
Eq6r pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Allan,
I’m sure Dilshan will give the mini tune a go himself once he gets some spare time.
Just remember we are talking about mounts in the $2K to $3k range, not big money in the general scheme of things with this hobby. Not all mounts require tweaking
I have an EQ8-R mount and it’s guiding beautifully out of the box ( no tweaks ) probably one of the lucky few with these mounts as the EQ8 forum is plastered with folk who have many issues , mainly Dec backlash
Mounts in the $15k to $50k + you’d ask for your money back if you had to tweak and tune etc….

Cheers
Martin
Hey Martin,

It would be great if we could teleport to each other and have a look, play and tweak of each others gear. Nothing beats a face to face for idea sharing and learning.

Saying that, life is super busy at the moment so I have to squeeze this hobby in around all of life's other chores as many of us do (anyone say observatory )

I have looked at the minor tune. That is totally within my skillset. I will give that a go. I feel backlash is an issue for me so hopefully that should improve things. Changing all the ball bearings might have to wait.

Cheers,

Dilshan