View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 06:12 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Gary
I found your post very interesting particularly as I know the park so well as my business was on Beecroft Road a little South of the park and my house in Sydney (the one that belonged to my parents) is also close by.

There is a very large house South of the park which was built by a judge, and I cant recall his name but he had the nick name "the hanging judge" and he built the house next door to the East for his daughter. I have had the privilege of looking through both of these houses and each quiet impressive but the judges house very much so...
Whenever I drive to Sydney when I turn off to the left into Beecroft Road at the park it is then that I feel like I have arrived and as I pass it when leaving Sydney I feel my journey North has started, except if I am going to Hornsby for a shop It has always felt like the front gate to my homeland.
So yes I know the park quiet well and although I knew a little of its history I found your post very informative such that I certainly now know a great deal more.
Thanks so very much.
Alex