View Single Post
Old 22-11-2023, 12:08 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

That's a clever idea!
I was playing with a camera I was given just last week and I found the camera focused at the same point as the removed 12mm Vixen Lanthanum eyepiece Id been viewing through. Problem is my focal point vs my sons focal points are very different, it even looked somewhat focused on the laptop screen, again, according to my eyes.
I was somewhat disappointed with my end results of M42. I have to learn to take stronger reading glasses out for this hobby.
In saying that I haven't had my eyes checked for years, I wear cheap reject shop reading glasses because I have a constant habit of bending over to put something in my car (or remove it), step away and wonder what the crunching sound was underfoot, it's usually my glasses which have fallen from my shirt pocket. Maybe if I just wore them all of the time it wouldn't happen but it probably would.

My last pair of expensive prescription glasses were placed right in the very corner of a Dojo when I was training (when I was younger) and a clumsy friend who was observing stepped right on the things. That was it for prescription glasses for me.
Yes, I'm aware I'm probably doing more harm than good with the cheap things but they seem to work.